Regulatory Cases Specialist (Spanish & Catalan)
Posted 2 months ago
eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe.
Under its four leading online travel agency brands eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo it serves more than 18 million customers per year across 46 markets.
Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
We are seeking Regulatory case Specialists to manage consumer regulatory complaints. The Regulatory case Specialists will directly report to the VIP Communications Team Lead and will be part of the eDreams ODIGEO Communications team, which is in a strong growth environment and will be based in our Barcelona office.
This role is a great opportunity to explore multiple eDO business areas as it is a position working cross-functionality, as well as to improve your knowledge of the e-commerce, tourism, consumer and data protection regulations.
Key responsibilities :
- Manage legal customer complaints, consumer organisation files, customer court cases and regulatory consumer cases by identifying potential legal risks and working liaised with our Legal team to mitigate negative impact;
- Manage data protection consumer rights cases in coordination with our DPO;
- Coordinate relationships with government and regulatory authorities in relation to our consumer cases;
- Write, edit and distribute communication material to VIP customers, government authorities and private legal practitioners;
- Coordinate Legal inquiries with Legal Counsels related to the customer complaints to ensure excellent service;
- Support other VIP tasks such as : VIP and sensitive customer complaints, Social Care channels, customer complaints addressed directly to CSM members;
- Lead individual projects related to the VIP Communications team, collaborate with the team members and / or participate in cross-functional projects;
- Measure, analyse and report on the results of initiatives.
Required Qualifications :
- Background in Tourism, e-commerce and / or data protection of the Spanish and European regulations will be required in your daily work;
- Used to work with CRM tools;
- Excellent writing and communication skills, you should be able to work with legal vocabulary and have an excellent grammar in the following languages at native level : Catalan and Spanish;
- Proficient level of English is a must.
Personal skills :
- Passion for the travel industry;
- Acute sense of judgment, tact, diplomacy and crisis communication;
- High analytical capacity, proactive problem solving mindset and highly organised;
- Customer-oriented, used to or comfortable working under pressure and constantly prioritising, with a passionate mind-set and eager to learn and a great teamwork attitude;
- Ability to negotiate on a win-win perspective;
- Flexibility to respond to crisis business needs.
What do we offer?
- Fun at work : At eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning : you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, etc.).
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on all your travels.
- Competitive salaries & flexible benefits scheme : Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
- We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit, water, breakfast alternatives for all (with many types of milk, teas, chocolate, etc.
and a significant GymForLess discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
- Amazing offices in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful terrace to have a break and enjoy the views.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!